Wednesday 3 October 2012

With a Sense of Gratitude



For me participating in this work of editing the Collected Works of the Muni has been a part of my spiritual as well as intellectual life. I can very well say that I have grown with this work. The experience has been highly enriching and ever inspiring. While working on these volumes I have always invoked the presence of the Divine to help me and have felt it all the time. I have vividly experienced how this very presence has helped me in carrying out this work. I aspire to remain in a state of infinite gratitude to the Divine.

I would like to express my gratitude to all those who have been instrumental in bringing fulfillment to this work. In the first place I wish to mention the contribution of all the family members of Sri Natesan in always supporting the project wholeheartedly. It was because of their initiative, constant encouragement, help, support and tireless effort that the work took a proper shape and proceeded to this state of accomplishment. Ever since the project began they all have been with me, always supporting and encouraging in carrying the work forward. It would not have been possible to bring out all the twelve volumes of these Collected Works of the Muni without their involvement. In fact this project was the result of the collective and harmonious aspiration all the family members of Sri Natesan. I express my sincere thanks to all of them.

The one because of whom I came to be a part of this project is my wife Prashanti. For all these years she has been quietly doing her job of putting the entire handwritten matter into the computer. She has been a great help to me in preparing the Shloka index, Roman transliteration, in proof-reading, formatting, and in all aspects of this entire project. I express my gratitude again and again to the Divine for giving me such a wonderful life partner.

Sri Vamadeva Sastri (Dr. David Frawley) will always be remembered for his generous contribution. Without his support the publishing of the Collected Works would not have been possible. On behalf of the Kavyakantha Ganapati Muni project, I express my sincere thanks to Sri Vamadeva Shastri. 

Sampadananda Mishra

No comments: